Steam page also live for Rivals of Aether sequel.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The Aether Universe is a world where warring civilizations summon the power of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. And Rivals 2 is the continuation of the primary focus of the franchise—platform fighting! Rivals of Aether is known both for its competitive depth and accessible gameplay and Rivals 2 pushes both the franchise and the platform fighter genre forward.
Rivals 2 cuts no corners when it comes to gameplay! The game now features shields, ledges, grabs and throws as new additions to the series. We also feature three new special moves. The Pummel Special can be used by hitting the special button when you have an opponent grabbed. The Ledge Special can be used while hanging on the ledge and the Getup Special can be used while you’re in knockdown. Each of these specials has unique uses and expands our character movesets.
- Zetterburn – Zetterburn returns to Rivals 2 as a face of the franchise and a great introductory character. A son of the ruling family of the Firelands, Zetterburn is an experienced and hardened warrior. In battle, Zetterburn uses no weapons except for his razor-sharp claws and ability to control flame.
- “Burn Damage” – Zetterburn’s special attacks can set opponents on fire, causing them additional damage over time.
- “Wild Fire” – Zetterburn’s Down Special and Getup Special place flames on the stage. These flames stay for a period of time, burning any opponents who come in contact with them.
- “Fire Amp” – When an opponent is burning, Zetterburn’s Strong Attacks can absorb the flames and launch the burned enemy twice as far, making for an effective killing blow.
- Ranno – Your favorite punching pacifist is back in Rivals 2! Ranno was known as be a feared martial artist who trained under wise monks. But now he prefers to peacefully protect his swampy homeland. When he has no other option, you can see glimpses of his rapid and deliberate strikes.
- “Poison Stacks” – Ranno’s Specials, Strong Attacks and Jab Combo apply up to four poisonous stacks on his opponents. These stacks damage opponents when they attack and can be removed by hitting Ranno.
- “Toxic Trap” – Ranno’s Forward Special, Down Special, Ledge Special and Getup Special can place his opponents in a Toxic Bubble Trap that makes it easier for Ranno to combo. The length of time in the trap depends on the number of Poison Stacks on the opponent.
- “Poison Spin” – Ranno’s recovery onto stage has three options. He begins it with a Poison Lunge that is quick and knocks opponents away. After the lunge he can quickly Poison Kick down onto the stage with another quick strike. Or he can use the Posion Spin to fire out an array of Posion Darts in many directions.
- Wrastor – The high-flying Wrastor returns for Rivals 2. The youngest trainee in the history of the Air Academy, Wrastor has never lived by anyone’s rules but his own. Currently an Aerial Ace for the Air Armada, Wrastor is wrecking havoc among the Armada’s enemies and generals alike.
- “Winged Flight” – Wrastor can jump 4 times, making him incredible at controlling the air and recovering from the toughest falls even when things look grim.
- “Wind Current” – Wrastor can create a Wind Current with his Forward Special, allowing him to move faster within it and chase his targets more effectively.
- “Aerical Ace” – Wrastor performs his charged Strong Attacks in the air instead of on the ground.
- Kragg – Kragg is back for Rivals 2 and still the leading defender of the colossal Aetherian Forest. Deliberate and loyal, he is one of the infamous Wall Runners who patrol the Rock Wall. Unlike other Wall Runners, Kragg has the legendary ability to control the earth with his will.
- “Rock Hurl” – Kragg can pull a rock out of the ground and hurl it at opponents. After it leaves his hands, the rock becomes a solid piece of stage that either Kragg or other players can break.
- “Defense Ball” – Kragg can curl into a ball and roll toward enemies. Although he can be damaged while in ball form, he cannot be knocked away.
- “Earth Pillar” – Kragg can summon a pillar of earth to his feet regardless of where he is. If Kragg is about to fall to his death, this move can quickly turn his situation around.
- Fleet – Fleet is making her rival debut in Rivals 2! This protagonist from Dungeons of Aether is the self-proclaimed protector of her hometown of Julesvale, although she’s seen as a clumsy menace more than a hero.
- “Gem of Wind” – Fleet consumes Stamina with her Neutral Special to power up her bow. Her next arrow fired by any means will trap her opponent in a tornado that pops after a few seconds!
- “Wind Cutter” – Fleet’s Forward Special creates a wind current that a tornado follows along later. This allows her to create extended pressure and combo opportunities.
- “Pick Pocket” – When Fleet is out of Stamina, she can regain it by consuming food from the battlefield. She can knock some out of her opponent with her Pummel Special or toss her own food with her Getup Special.
Watch the trailer below.
(Starts at 23:08.)