Honkai: Star Rail has over 20 characters for you to collect and build, leading them to victory in some intense battles. Many of these characters are accessible to free-to-play and low-spending players. One of these characters is Arlan, a 4-star Electric Destruction character with a unique high-risk, high-reward mechanic. Arlan is a Destruction character who deals more damage based on how low his HP is relative to his max HP. In other words, the more damage Arlan takes, the more damage he’ll do. As a result, Arlan will need some special care when it comes to his build. Here’s our guide on the best build for Arlan in Honkai: Star Rail.
Best build for Arlan in Honkai: Star Rail: Relics, Light Cones, Eidolons, and Abilities
Arlan is an Electric Destruction character with a unique mechanic that allows him to deal more damage based on how much damage he takes. His damage increases when he is low on HP, which means we’ll want some Light Cones that help him use this mechanic to his advantage.
There are plenty of Light Cones to choose from for Arlan:
- Something Irreplaceable: This Light Cone is Carla’s signature weapon, and rewards the wearer for getting hit in battle. This increases the wearer’s ATK by 24% without any conditions. Additionally, when the wearer is hit, they will receive a flat 24% DMG buff and restores 8% of their max HP. This weapon helps Arlan dish out a ton of damage while also diminishing a bit of the risk of him taking damage all the time. If you equip this weapon, you might want to bring March 7th to increase the likelihood that he gets hit.
- On the Fall of an Aeon: This is Arlan’s best free-to-play option. This is a 5-star weapon accessible to all players in Herta’s Store in the Simulated Universe. This weapon grants the wearer an 8% ATK buff whenever they attack, which stacks up to 4 times. This also grants the wearer a 12% DMG buff when they inflict a Weakness Break on the enemy for 2 turns. This weapon has a fairly useful passive and high stats and gets even stronger with free Superimpositions.
Relics & Eidolons
- For his 4-piece set, use the Band of Sizzling Thunder set. This set increases the wearer’s Lightning DMG by 10% and increases the wearer’s ATK by 20% when they use their skill. Arlan will frequently use his skill, as it lowers his HP which synergizes with his passive. Additionally, the Lightning DMG buff is always useful.
- For his 2-piece set, use the Inert Salsotto set. This set boosts his Crit Rate by 8% and also increases his Ultimate DMG by 15%.
- For his Eidolons, his Eidolon 1 is a decent DMG boost as Arlan frequently uses his Skill. Eidolon 4 helps Arlan take an additional hit as it gives him a self-revive, but do note this effect expires after 2 turns. Finally, his Eidolon 6 is his best increase in damage, as it increases his Ultimate DMG by 20% when Arlan is below 50% HP.
Honkai: Star Rail is available now.