When you’re done with The Arrival mission, as well as crafting your first glaive weapon, you can pick up the seasonal artifact from Ikora. Here’s our Destiny 2: The Witch Queen guide to help you with the Synaptic Spear artifact’s mods.
Note: We’ll have a Destiny 2: The Witch Queen guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen – Synaptic Spear artifact guide
Ikora just happily hands you the Synaptic Spear artifact once you’ve completed the requirements mentioned above. From here, you can go ahead and take a look at the perks that are offered, as you’ll see below. These mods cost 1x energy point unless stated otherwise.
Column 1 – As usual, you’re better off choosing the mods for the types of weapons that you really like to use.
- Anti-barrier Scout Rifle
- Overload Rounds (SMGs and Auto Rifles)
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon
- Piercing Bowstring (Anti-barrier)
- Unstoppable Pulse Rifle
- Glaive Dexterity – Faster ready and stow speed for Glaives.
- Rocket Launcher Scavenger – Extra Rocket Launcher reserves when picking up heavy ammo.
- Psionic Forging I – Increases the duration of the Psychohack origin trait and the Suros Synergy origin trait.
- Melee Wellwalker – Powered melee kills spawn elemental wells that match your subclass’ energy.
- Hand Cannon Targeting – Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Hand Cannons.
Note: Origin traits are those found on weapons that are crafted using the Relic.
- Glaive Scavenger – Extra reserves when picking up the type of ammo used by that Glaive.
- Thermoshock Plating – Reduces incoming Arc and Solar damage.
- Auto Rifle Loader – Increases the reload speed of Auto Rifles.
- Font of Might – Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass’ energy grants a temporary damage bonus to a weapon with that damage type.
- Psionic Forging II – Increases the duration of the Land Tank origin trait and the effect of the Hakke Breach Armaments origin trait.
- Unstoppable Glaive (5 energy) – Glaives can now stun Unstoppable champions.
- Lucent Finisher (6 energy) – Spawn heavy ammo for you and your allies when you use a finisher on a Lucent Hive Lightbearer or champion.
- Suppressing Glaive (4 energy) – Glaives will prevent enemies from using their abilities for a short time.
- Overload Grenades – Void grenades can stun Overload champions.
- Inferno Whip – Solar melee abilities stun combatants; strong against Unstoppable champions.
- Suppression Mastery (3 energy) – Suppression effects have increased duration.
- Devouring Depths (3 energy) – Casting your Void super while critical wounded or with Devour active increases your damage with that super.
- Volatile Flow (2 energy) – Picking up a Void elemental well grants Void weapons Volatile Rounds.
- Energy Vampirism (3 energy) – Gain energy for your least-charged ability when you suppress an enemy.
- Suppressive Darkness (7 energy) – Suppression also weakens an enemy and makes them take increased damage for a short period of time.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen is available via Steam.
Jason Rodriguez writes for various websites under the Enthusiast Gaming umbrella -- Destructoid, Flixist, Daily Esports, PlayStation Enthusiast, and PC Invasion. Jason's Steam library has 1,400+ games at the moment so he definitely has a lot of things to talk about. He's also one of only five games journalists from the Philippines. Just kidding. There are definitely more around, but he doesn't know anyone. Mabuhay!